Branko’s Bridge (Bridge of Brotherhood and Unity) bridges the Sava River and connects New Belgrade with the center of Belgrade. Branko’s Bridge is the second bridge traffic volume in importance in Belgrade (after Gazela). The bridge is over a period of socialism officially called Bridge of Brotherhood and Unity, but this name was never settled. Belgraders this bridge sometimes called Sava bridge or bridge in Brankov Street, because through it you enter a street named after the poet Branko Radicevic.
Colloquially name Branko’s Bridge is so much to come to life a little old Belgrade resident who knows his real name. The colloquial name comes from Brankov Street, which represents a continuation, not the writer Branko Copic, who committed suicide by jumping from it. Construction of the bridge began July 1930 and the bridge was opened to traffic in December 1934. The main bridge structure is carried out on the model of suspension bridge over the river Rhine in Cologne. This bridge, called the Bridge of King Alexander, was destroyed in the devastation of World War II, and served relatively short. Most in this period and carried an unofficial name – the Zemun Bridge.
Branko’s Bridge of 1930 changed the four names!